At Animal Medical Hospital, over the years our staff has displayed a strong interest in community service. While we strive to provide compassionate care and superior service to improve the lives of the pets we serve in our community, we also try to reach out to our human companions.
In the past few years, our staff has participated in community service for the following organizations:
- Humane Society of Charlotte—Animal Medical Hospital has worked for a number of years as a proud partner of the Humane Society of Charlotte and has supported their efforts to better our community and the lives of the animals in it.
- Sterile Ferals—The Sterile Ferals program was adopted in 2008 by Animal Medical Hospital to help the overwhelming need for population control of feral cats in the Charlotte area. Our mission is to help spay, neuter, vaccinate and give humane care to as many feral cats as possible. The program has several clinics a year that are carried out by the devoted employees of Animal Medical Hospital, donating their time as volunteers. All day long, the volunteers are responsible for setting up, check-in, and assisting the Veterinarian in surgery, recovery and dismissal. The clinics are held quarterly and are an asset to the community we serve, and the cats we care for.
- Scott–Ritchey Research Center—In memory of each lost companion from Animal Medical Hospital, a monetary donation is made to the Scott–Ritchey Research Center at Auburn University. The funds are aimed at improving the health of dogs and cats.
- Supporting our Troops—Animal Medical Hospital employees put together a care package for a former AMH team member, containing food, personal hygiene, and entertainment items. An additional care package was assembled for the canine unit serving our country containing dog toys, food, and treats.
- Food Drive—The employees of Animal Medical Hospital initiated a food drive for the Humane Society of Charlotte. Employees and clients were encouraged to donate food to be given to the Humane Society. Animal Medical Hospital employees and clients donated a total of 200 pounds of food!
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society—Every May, employees participated in a fund-raiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society by donating money in exchange for wearing jeans on Fridays.
- Penny Drive—The Activities Committee at Animal Medical Hospital created a morale boosting activity called Penny Wars. Each department was asked to bring in their change and place it in a jar. The team with the most change — and the least amount of pennies, since pennies counted against the jar’s total — won the privilege of selecting to whom to donate the change that all departments collected. The pet counselors won the contest and chose to donate the funds to the Humane Society of Charlotte.
- Target Gift Cards—The employees of Animal Medical Hospital made monetary donations to help provide supplies for the Humane Society of Charlotte.
- A Child’s Place—The team members of Animal Medical Hospital collected gifts and essential items to donate to a local family in need. They collected gifts, clothing, and food items to help a single mother and her two sons celebrate Christmas this past year.
"I love this office and I feel that my questions and my cat’s needs are always well met by the friendly and professional staff."