Do you have a high-energy dog?
Does your dog get bored or lonely during the day?
Day Camp may be just the antidote for your dog and you!
Most breeds have been bred to have a job or task, but our busy lives often mean that they are home for extended periods of time with little stimulation. For many dogs, this means a lot of time alone. This can lead to boredom or destructive behaviors in their search for a task. Physical activity helps to use their extra energy and the social stimulation keeps your dog mentally invigorated.
Day Camp at AMH offers a positive outlet for high-energy dogs that would otherwise be bored, lonely, or even destructive at home during the day. Our Day Camp program also provides support for our older and younger companions by matching pets of similar age and play styles together for play groups.
Some of the benefits of Day Camp include:
- Physical exertion to help manage extra energy
- Relief from boredom or loneliness (including separation anxiety)
- Socialization with other people and dogs
- Prevention of household destruction when alone
These benefits can shine through, even with just one or two visits per week!
There are also special times when Day Camp can be particularly helpful:
- Constructionor renovation on your home
- Busy times at work or particularly strenuous days that leave you exhausted
- Visiting friends or relatives with severe allergies
- Parties that would force your dog to be shut away (then they can have fun too!)
- Open house showings and preparation for moving
- Repairs or installations at your home, especially if you are not sure how your pup and the workers will interact
Day Camp is a great opportunity for busy families and busy pets, but it is not right for all dogs. Dogs that do well at dog parks, that play a lot, and that enjoy the company of other dogs generally do well. Healthy and well-socialized dogs are the best candidates. Dogs are required to be spayed or neutered and up to date on their vaccinations and preventatives to attend.
All Day Camp candidates are evaluated prior to being accepted to our program to make sure that they will play well with others in our facility. Click here to find out more about Day Camp at Animal Medical Hospital!