Our approach to pain management for our patients is rooted in our philosophy for compassionate care. We not only understand how difficult it is to watch a beloved pet suffer, we make it our priority to minimize or eliminate pain and discomfort in all of our patients. We will teach you how to recognize the signs of pain and discomfort in your pet and help you choose the best medicines and therapies to minimize pain.
Some of the key points of our Pain Management Program are:
- Pain management is vital to your pet’s recovery. Multiple research studies have shown, both in humans as well as pets, the positive effects of reducing pain on the overall healing process. We adhere to these principles at AMH.
- Each patient receives an individualized pain treatment plan that is specifically tailored to his or her health status. Advanced protocols have been developed by our team of doctors in consultation with leading experts in veterinary anesthesiology and analgesia.
- We utilize a balanced, multi-modal pain management technique, a strategy that uses the synergistic effects of several pain medications together to achieve better control of pain. This significantly lowers side effects and results in better management and reduction of pain in your pet.
- A majority of drugs used by our veterinarians are the same medications used and trusted by human anesthesiologists.
- We use advanced pain techniques, including continuous rate infusions, local anesthetics, epidurals, and specialized pain catheters that deliver pain medication directly to the site of discomfort.
- Adjunct methods of physical therapy and acupuncture are also available to manage post-injury or post-operative patients.
- At Animal Medical Hospital, we consider pain reduction a high priority during surgical procedures and provide pain management before, during, and after surgery.
"Your practice is extraordinary. You have everything right there and your attention to my pet (and the others that I have had) was treated with dignity and respect, along with kindness and sweetness."