Cancer is the #1 disease related killer of pets. Fortunately, with an increase in pet cancer awareness and newly available treatment options, more pets are surviving this life-threatening disease than ever before.
November is Pet Cancer Awareness Month. Be aware of these early pet cancer warning signs:
- Abnormal swellings that persist and grow
- Sores that do not heal
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Bleeding or discharge from a body opening
- Offensive odor
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
- Persistent lameness or stiffness
- Difficulty breathing, urinating, or defecating
Make sure to contact your veterinarian if your pet exhibits any of these symptoms.