Sittin’ Pretty: Pet Grooming at Animal Medical Hospital
All pets need to be groomed from time to time, and although your pet may not enjoy the process, they probably love the aftermath. At Animal Medical Hospital & 24 Hour Urgent Care, we believe in the power of pet grooming to support the health and longevity of our animal companions. That’s why we’re proud to offer top-quality pet grooming services right here at our facility.
Keep reading to learn more about why this element of pet care is so important.
Pet Grooming for Health and Happiness
Sure, it’s nice to look and smell good, but the benefits of regular pet grooming extend far beyond appearances. Professional grooming can help detect and prevent health issues before they become major problems.
- Fur – Pets with medium to long fur should be brushed and clipped regularly to avoid tangled, matted fur. If left untreated, mats can be painful and may lead to skin infections.
- Skin – Regular brushing removes loose fur and debris and stimulates blood flow to the skin. Being in close contact with your pet’s skin on a regular basis allows you or your groomer to take note of any lumps, bumps, or unusual growths.
- Nails – Making sure your pet’s nails don’t get too long is extremely important. Overgrown nails are painful and can become ingrown, which can cause problems with gait and contribute to knee and hip problems in older pets.
We’ve Got What it Takes
Although some pet owners prefer to groom their pets at home, having it done professionally can save time and energy and may lead to a more desirable outcome.
At Animal Medical Hospital Pet Spa, we have the tools and knowledge to make your pet’s grooming experience a success. Our caring and professional staff has experience working with dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes, and they know how to care for pets with anxiety and other behavioral issues. Plus, we can take care of the “yucky stuff,” such as anal gland expression and ear cleaning.
The Pampering They Deserve
At AMH Pet Spa, we do so much more than just bathe and brush your pet! With our wide variety of speciality and a la carte services, you’re sure to find just the right combination for your pet, such as:
- Deshedding treatment
- Medicated shampoo/conditioner
- Healing treatment for dry/cracked paws or noses
- Hair dye or nail polish
Is your pet due for any wellness services? You can schedule them with your veterinarian during the same appointment as your grooming session!
A Word About Teeth
Although regular tooth brushing is an important part of your pet’s hygiene, it is not included in our grooming service menu. Tooth brushing should be done on a daily basis at home as part of your regular pet care regimen. Neglecting this important duty and only having your pet’s teeth brushed during grooming is not considered acceptable dental care.
If you have additional questions about our pet grooming services or would like to schedule an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact the staff at Animal Medical Hospital.