It’s inaccurate to say that all domestic felines detest getting wet, but it’s not far from the truth. Sure, there are some delightful cats out there that, we can only assume, never got the memo about hightailing it far, far away from a running faucet. But for the most part, cats experience intrinsic, and often hilarious, reactions to the elixir of life.
Just when you thought you had them all figured out, we offer some insight regarding why cats hate water.
It is with sincere regret that I write to inform you that Hill’s is expanding the voluntarily recall of canned dog food products relating to the January 31st recall. As a company, and as pet parents, we always put our pets’ health and wellness first and pride ourselves on developing the best nutrition to meet their needs.
Following the recall, we conducted a detailed review of our canned dog foods. As we had expected, that review confirmed that that the issue is isolated to the same vitamix premix used in canned dog foods and limited to specific production lots. However, our review did determine that there were additional products affected by that vitamin premix, and it is for that reason that we are expanding the recall. No dry foods, cat foods or treats are affected.
You do whatever it takes to keep your pet safe. Whether you’re out in public, traveling together, or at the dog park, there are always ways to avoid dangerous situations. That’s why it can be hard to imagine that some of the biggest threats to your pet’s well being may be right inside your own home.
Almost all accidental pet poisoning incidents occur at home, making awareness of common yard, garage, and household toxins essential. Here at Animal Medical Hospital & 24 Hour Urgent Care, your pet’s safety is our top priority. Since March is National Poison Prevention Awareness Month, we thought now is the perfect time to share our tips to prevent a pet poisoning emergency.
Picture this – you arrive home after a long day of work only to discover that your pet is nowhere to be found, and the back door is wide open. Or perhaps a friend or worker has been in your home and left the door or gate ajar, allowing your little explorer to slip away unnoticed. Whatever the circumstances, having a pet go missing is one of the worst experiences a pet owner can have.
Hopefully your pet is wearing their collar and ID tags, but even those can become lost or damaged during your pet’s wandering. Pet microchipping can add a level of security to this scary scenario. Join the team at Animal Medical & 24 Hour Urgent Care as we walk you through the ins and outs of pet microchipping.
Canine parvovirus, also known simply as “parvo,” is a condition that strikes fear in the hearts of dog owners – and for good reason. This highly contagious virus can cause massive amounts of suffering in afflicted pets and is often fatal.
Because parvo is found throughout our environment, all dogs (especially unvaccinated dogs and puppies under 4 months of age) are at risk for contracting the disease. Pet owner education is critical when it comes to preventing this devastating illness.