No matter how much you wish that your pet could accompany you on your endeavors in life, sometimes they need to stay behind. It can be hard enough to board your pet, but when you have a pet with special medical needs it can be even more difficult.
At Animal Medical Hospital & 24 Hour Urgent Care we offer medical boarding to help owners with furry family members that have special needs. When it comes to boarding for epileptic pets, we have you covered.
Considerations in Boarding for Epileptic Pets
Pets who suffer from seizure disorders need a little extra care when boarding. They need consistency and attention, and most of all a knowledgeable caretaker who can navigate any issues that might arise.
Who better to provide this than the staff at our veterinary hospital? Our boarding services for epileptic pets include:
- Efforts to reduce stress and create a calm environment so as not to exacerbate seizure activity
- Monitoring of eating, drinking, bathroom, and social habits
- Administration of medications on your schedule
- Medical evaluation and attention as needed
Stress and changes in schedule can affect seizure control in epileptic pets. We understand these concerns and make every effort to keep your pet’s day to day care calm and consistent.
Help Us Help You
You are paramount to our success when it comes to boarding for epileptic pets. The more information that you can share about your pet, the better we can provide seamless and consistent care.
Before boarding your pet with a seizure disorder, please take time to:
- Fill out our medical boarding questionnaire
- Pack enough of your pet’s normal diet for their stay
- Bring along some favorite treats, toys, or blankets
- Be sure that you have enough of your pet’s medication for the duration of their stay
- Tell us all about your pet’s likes and dislikes
- Mention any other concerns that you have about your pet
When we work together as a team, we can help ensure that your pet has the best possible stay.
Sometimes when pets are boarded, they may experience some stress being away from home. If your pet does have trouble in your absence, you can rest assured that they are in good hands. We have everything we might need at our disposal to take care of your beloved pet.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns that you might have, or to schedule your pet’s stay.