In-house Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory & Pharmacy
Our in-house laboratory allows us to perform many types of testing that can aid in the diagnosis and treatment of your pet. Our state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory equipment allows us to diagnose your pet 24 hours a day in most cases. Our Laboratory and Pharmacy Technicians can perform these diagnostic tests for our veterinarians while your pet is being treated on an outpatient or hospitalized basis.
We are able to perform many tests as they are needed for your pet's care, including:
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- Skin scrapes
- Test for viruses (Parvovirus, Feline Leukemia Virus, and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus)
- Heartworm disease
- Fecal examinations (testing for the presence of hookworms, whipworms, tapeworms, and roundworms)
- Ear cytology
- Mass cytology
- Skin cytology
- Complete blood counts
- Blood gases
- Pancreatitis testing
We also utilize an outside laboratory for performing urine and skin cultures. This outside laboratory is Antech Diagnostics Labs, the nation's premier veterinary diagnostic laboratory. Antech Diagnostics Labs can provide us with quick results for a wide variety of diseases, including the following types of tests:
- Bacterial cultures
- Fungal cultures
- Comprehensive thyroid panels
- Tick panels
- Vaccine titers
Wellness testing can help catch many conditions early, before they become serious illnesses. Be sure to ask your veterinarian about which tests your pet may need during your pet's next wellness exam.
Full-Service Veterinary Pharmacy
Our full-service veterinary pharmacy provides for your pet's medication needs 24 hours a day. Pharmacy hours are Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday–Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. You may pick up your prescription during these hours.
Refills on previously prescribed medications should be phoned in at least one day ahead of time to ensure that your order is ready when you arrive. Request refills by calling (704) 334-4684.
- Animal Medical Hospital and 24 Hour Urgent Care has access to local compounding pharmacies to meet your pet's unique drug requirements, such as taste preference and accurate dosing.
- We stock routine outpatient medications and drugs used for emergency and critical care cases.
- In most cases, patients must have had a physical exam within the past year and blood work in order to receive prescription refills.
- New clients will need to have a physical exam with one of our veterinarians and must provide an authorized prescription from their previous veterinarian before receiving a medication refill.
- We also carry prescription diets and can dispense those to both current and new clients. For our new clients, we ask that your previous veterinarian contact us regarding your pet's prescription diet.
- Please remember to follow your veterinarian’s directions and label instructions when dispensing any pet medication.
RX Refill Request Form
To learn more about our in-house laboratory or pharmacy, please call (704) 334-4684.